The virtual organizational meeting for the 2020-2021 school year was held on Tuesday, July 7 at 5 pm.
Minutes for the May 14, 2020 LSC meeting HERE
LSC TERM/ELECTION CHANGE
On May 28, 2020, due to COVID-19 restrictions and the inability to hold an in-person election, CPS announced the following changes to the current LSC terms and upcoming elections.
1. The LSC election will take place on November 18, 2020 during report card pick up. If an in-person election is not possible, CPS will introduce a plan for mail in or electronic voting.
2. Current LSC member terms have been extended to 30 months; thus, the current LSC members will remain in place until January 10, 2021 unless a member become ineligible to hold office (e.g. the child of a parent member graduates or the member moves out of the district).
3. The term for the next LSC will be reduced to 18 months and end on July 1, 2022 in order to allow the district to return to its usual election cycle. After that, the term will revert to its usual two years.
A copy of the letter from CPS discussing these changes can be found HERE.
The Local School Council (LSC) provides parents, teachers and members of our community with an opportunity to share in the process of developing, implementing and coordinating school budgets and policies. Anyone interested in school matters is invited to attend LSC meetings. The LSC meets monthly and its meetings are posted in the school calendar accessible on the school website.
The Local School Council is the site-based management team of each Chicago Public School. Its primary responsibilities are to select the school’s principal, renew the principal’s contract, develop a Continuous Improvement Work Plan (CIWP, formally called the School Improvement Plan for Advancing Academic Achievement, SIPAAA) and develop the school’s budget for the school year.
2020-2021 Meeting Schedule
The LSC meeting schedule for the 2020- January 2021 school year is below. Meetings are at 6:00 pm on the second Thursday of the month unless otherwise noted. If in person, they are in the school library. If virtual, a link will be posted here and removed once the meeting has ended.
Tuesday, July 7 5:00 pm virtual organizational meeting
Meetings for the remainder of the year will be set by the new LSC in January.
Committees of the LSC
Diversity and Inclusion
Building Traffic & Safety
Long Range Planning
The composition of an elementary school LSC consists of 12 voting members:
- 6 Parent Representatives
- 2 Community Representatives
- 2 Teacher Representatives
- 1 Non-Teaching Staff Member
- 1 Principal