As you know, this Friday, April 1, there will be no school for CPS students due to the Chicago Teachers Union "Call of Action." CPS has identified 250 contingency sites throughout the city for children unable to stay home this Friday; Lincoln School is NOT one of these contingency sites. Lincoln School will be closed.
Please see the attached letter from CPS.
Here is what I know regarding the contingency sites:
1. go to www.cps.edu (CPS main website). At the top of the site is a link for contingency site locations and information at www.cps.edu/april1
2. This site is self-explanatory. Below is some information for you I gleaned when I accessed the site
3. There are three contingency sites for elementary school children near our school
4. The three sites near our school are: Lincoln Park Library, 1150 W. Fullerton, 9:00-5:00, no pre-registration required; Newberry Elementary School, 700 W. Willow St., 8:30-3:30, registration requested to be done on the www.cps.edu/april1 website; Lincoln Park, 200 W. Fulleron Parkway, 8:30-3:30, registration requested to be done on the www.cps.edu/april1 website.
5. There are many other contingency sites and you can locate them through the www.cps.edu/april1 website
6. In order to register your child for one of these contingency sites you must enter your child's CPS student identifcation number. This identification number may be found on your child's report cards and progress reports.
As stated by CPS CEO Mr. Claypool in his March 24th letter (emailed to you last week), he encourages you to keep your child home on Friday, April 1. If you are unable to do so, you may wish to consider bringing your child to one of the contingency sites. Also, remember that this Friday is NOT considered a day of absence for your child.
Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
615 W. Kemper Place
Chicago, IL 60614